It is the work of US writer and poet Alice Duer Miller, who produced several similar pieces for her column in the New York Tribune
Here is a transcript of the text:
- BECAUSE man’s place is the armory.
- Because no really manly man wants to settle any question otherwise…
I just can’t get over the emotion evident on his face here.
To think that…when he visited Carl in his office at Cornell as an applicant and Carl reached back, grabbed one of his books, signed it, and handed it to him…that one day, all too soon, Carl would be gone. And that he, Neil, would be called upon to host a Cosmos reboot.
Oh, the feels, the feels, the sciencey feels!
A look at photographs from Dianne Yudelson’s series “Antique Aviary,” a collection of bird portraits: http://nyr.kr/1f1OcoI
|—||Oscar Wilde (via observando)|
|—||Елин Пелин, „Ежби и злоби“|
|—||Mark Twain (via observando)|
Shakespeare & company : Paris
Shakespeare & friends : Varna
Zooming into the constellation Sagittarius.
1. A region of the Milky Way
2. A large portion of the sky very rich in nebulae and star clusters. For example the Lagoon, Trifid, Eagle and Omega nebulae are seen.
3. The field around the Lagoon and Trifid nebulae
4. The finest details of the Lagoon and Trifid nebulae. M8, an emission nebulae, lies at the left.
5. Close-up look of M20 where the three different types of nebula can be seen.
Credit: the members of the IAC astrophotography group.